Week 42 – Weigh-In and a 10 Week Challenge?

by Josie on July 19, 2010 · 20 comments

in Events,Milestones and Goals

Guess who made her way back to “Onederland”?!

Yep, I weighed in this morning at 199.1 lbs which is a 1.7 lb loss for the week. This brings my total weight loss so far to 56.9 pounds.

I’m thrilled to be making progress again!!! I don’t want to say I’ve put the struggles behind me, because I don’t think that’s fully possible. There will always be struggles. Every day is a struggle. But what I can say is that I’m learning how to cope with them better and making progress in spite of them!

I’m 10 weeks away from being at this for a year. That boggles my mind! When I initially started this journey last September, I had no idea I would have been this successful at losing weight, I had no idea of the relationships that I would make a result of blogging, and if you would have told me a year ago that I’d be running 5 miles straight by now I would have laughed in your face. I still have about 10 weeks before my anniversary…but yes, I’m getting very excited about it! I thought about setting some goals to reach by then…something to work towards over the next ten weeks, but I’m not sure what. I don’t want to set a weight goal, because I can’t control what the scale says. And I don’t want to set anything unreasonable or anything that could cause injury. Anyone got any good ideas for something(s) I could challenge myself with over the next 10 weeks?? Anyone want to join me??? Since I don’t have internet at home, I don’t think I could fully run an “official” challenge because I wouldn’t be able to keep up with everyone….but still…let me know what you think….I want to end my “year” with a bang!

Have a great week everyone! xoxo

203 miles walked/jogged/ran since January 1st. (2010 Goal: 500)
53.0 miles biked since January 1st. (2010 Goal: 300)
(6) 5Ks finished since January 1st.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!

{ 19 comments… read them below or add one }

Pubsgal July 19, 2010

***squeeee!!!*** Welcome back! :-)

Is there anything that you’ve been putting off doing, that you would feel comfortable doing now? That might be a good anniversary goal.
.-= Pubsgal´s last blogblog…Weekly update- 7-14-10 =-.

Lynne Garcia July 19, 2010

That’s so FREAKING AWESOME!!!! I’m so proud of you. As far as a goal… hmmm…. I don’t know. Perhaps something that will enhance what you’re already working on? I’m not sure. I’m sure you will think of something awesome though.

Jody - Fit at 52 July 19, 2010

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting! Lifelong journey Josie so there will always be struggles but also wonderful times too!

You know what is gonna come out of my mouth.. weights or resistance training… so important long term! :-)

Kimberley July 19, 2010

Congratulations on your triumphant return to onederland!

You rock Josie!

Great idea about not setting a weight goal. The scale should not control how we feel about the good things we are doing for our bodies!
.-= Kimberley´s last blogblog…My Week Update 28 and Week 29 Goals =-.

beej July 20, 2010

Yay! Yay! Yay!

Now never go back there again, right? Make this your redline. You’re incredible!
.-= beej´s last blogblog…Triathalon Training =-.

Amy July 20, 2010

Great Job!!!! You are a wonderful inspiration! :-)

Andrea Jackson July 20, 2010

See if there’s a 10k or another race in September when you reach your 1 year–even it’s in Tampa or somewhere not too far. Celebrate in style Girlfriend! You rock!!!!

Joe July 21, 2010

I love that term – “onederland”
Great Job!
.-= Joe´s last blogblog…My Transition to Forefoot Striking =-.

Erin July 21, 2010

Way to hop back into ONEderland! So excited for you!

Meegan July 21, 2010

Josie! Congrats on sticking with your new lifestyle for almost a full year! I hope you have plans to celebrate your anniversary of living life well! And congrats on the success of getting back to Onederland!
.-= Meegan´s last blogblog…Perspective &amp Weight Loss =-.

AndrewENZ July 22, 2010

Never give up the good fight!

Fran July 23, 2010

Woohoooooooooooo congrats Josie! Makes these ‘last’ 10 weeks great weeks so you’ll have a huge anniversary (which you already have at this point)!

Rae July 26, 2010

Just wanted to pop by to say CONGRATULATIONS! You must be so thrilled with your success. You are an inspiration!
Rae
xo

Marie July 27, 2010

Congratulations! I’ve been at it for about 7 months, and I’m about 8 pounds away from -50! I am looking forward to following your progress all the way to your goal weight! WOOHOO!
.-= Marie´s last blogblog…Who would have thunk it! =-.

Jess July 28, 2010

Hooray to being back in Onederland and making forward progress!

There will always be struggles, and that’s ok. It’s part of the process. It’s part of the learning. There will always be bad with good, downs with ups. It’s pulling ourselves out of the bad, down parts that determines who will be successful on this healthy journey.

Keep at it Josie! You’ve got this! Ten weeks until one year. One year since you took a stance and decided to change your life. Forever.
.-= Jess´s last blogblog…Vulnerability and Failure =-.

Amy August 2, 2010

Hoping to get another update today! How’s it going girl???

Tanya Hughes August 6, 2010

I’m fairly new to the blogger world and love looking at and reading other people’s blogs. Some days it’s all I get accomplished. LOL.

You are doing an awesome job. Keep it up. Love all the pics.

Please visit my Tight Jeans & Coffee blog if you get the time. Now that I’ve lost 40lbs my tight jeans are my friends again. :)
.-= Tanya Hughes´s last blogblog…Baby Girls B-day =-.

Jules - Big Girl Bombshell August 7, 2010

Hey Josie — CONGRATS! As I read through this, I saw the word struggle a few times. How about your 10 week challenge be to be consistent and challenge your self each and every single day to do one thing – and share it – that contributes to your journey in Onederland BUT is NOT an everyday struggle! The challenge NOT the struggle.
Example…Its the consistency and commitment to running everyday that makes 5 miles amazing now…
This is probably a little selfish but that is what I am looking for…to see and hear and read about those things we think of as boring, we avoid, seem to hard, but I want to see that boring, everyday as encouragement, the end result is overwhelming sometimes
.-= Jules – Big Girl Bombshell´s last blogblog…Embarrassing Weeds =-.

Pubsgal August 9, 2010

Hey, Josie! Just checking in to see how things are going, we miss you here! Hope all is well, and that you’re enjoying the rest of your summer.
.-= Pubsgal´s last blogblog…Weekly Update- 8-4-10 =-.